Keeping water inside a shower/bath increases the safety factor of the whole bathroom. We have many water containment solutions that work with various styles of accessible shower units. Three products are featured below, but be sure to browse the entire UDS eStore at estore.udservices.org.
Corner Setting Half Height Bi-fold Shower Door – Half height design allows a caregiver to assist the user in showering, while controlling water and keeping caregiver dry. Once closed, the doors create a water barrier, ensuring that no water runs out of the shower, and controlling water splash. When opened, the doors allow full access to roll-in showers, walk-in showers and full barrier-free showers. Available in many different sizes!
Collapsible Water Dam – Selected as a high quality option to control water spillage in barrier-free and roll-in showers, the collapsible dam is 1” high with strong self-adhesive bottom. Features:
- Provides for water retention yet collapses when rolled over by a walker or wheelchair
- Helps reduce maintenance in barrier-free showers
Alcove Setting Half Height Bi-fold Shower Door – Half height design allows a caregiver to assist the user in showering, while controlling water and keeping the caregiver dry. Features:
- Allows swing in either direction up to 180⁰ for greater opening area
- Designed for use with Mullen Shower Pan (not recommended for other showers)
- Limited 30-day warranty
- EXTRA WIDE DOOR COMPENSATOR: Adds 1” of adjustment to each side of bi-fold doors.