Whether it’s for a person with a disability or the elderly, grab bars are one of the simplest ways to provide support and balance. They can be useful almost anywhere in the bathroom:
- for getting on and off the toilet
- for in and out of the tub
- for stability in the shower or at the sink
- as handrails for navigation about the space
You can choose from:
- standard wall mounted grab bars
- swing up grab bars
- super poles
Balance is a tremendous challenge for the disabled and the elderly. It can be a simple adaptation that can save lives and provide a sense of security when navigating through the bathroom.
A long standing tradition , the Gift Wrap Booth at Park City Center is open through late December. This year there are two locations: Sears Mall and Center Court.
Take the hassle out of your Holiday and allow the UDS “wrap artists” to create expertly wrapped and individually unique packaging for your gifts. The Gift Wrap Booth is a large part of the United Disabilities Services fundraising program, helping UDS continue the mission to help people with disabilities, so gather your gifts and support this great cause!
Keeping water inside a shower/bath increases the safety factor of the whole bathroom. We have many water containment solutions that work with various styles of accessible shower units. Three products are featured below, but be sure to browse the entire UDS eStore at estore.udservices.org.
Corner Setting Half Height Bi-fold Shower Door – Half height design allows a caregiver to assist the user in showering, while controlling water and keeping caregiver dry. Once closed, the doors create a water barrier, ensuring that no water runs out of the shower, and controlling water splash. When opened, the doors allow full access to roll-in showers, walk-in showers and full barrier-free showers. Available in many different sizes!
Collapsible Water Dam – Selected as a high quality option to control water spillage in barrier-free and roll-in showers, the collapsible dam is 1” high with strong self-adhesive bottom. Features:
- Provides for water retention yet collapses when rolled over by a walker or wheelchair
- Helps reduce maintenance in barrier-free showers
Alcove Setting Half Height Bi-fold Shower Door – Half height design allows a caregiver to assist the user in showering, while controlling water and keeping the caregiver dry. Features:
- Allows swing in either direction up to 180⁰ for greater opening area
- Designed for use with Mullen Shower Pan (not recommended for other showers)
- Limited 30-day warranty
- EXTRA WIDE DOOR COMPENSATOR: Adds 1” of adjustment to each side of bi-fold doors.